Monday 4 August 2014

SKINCARE SAVIOURS

Now I know the title of this post may seem a little dramatic, but I am bursting with so much love for my skincare routine this week that I felt the huge urge to write a detailed post about it. Seriously.

A year ago I was a cleansing wipes-user. I know, shocker. I was, quite frankly, incredibly lazy with my skin and didn't want to stand at the sink for 20 minutes after a long day (or any day in fact) taking my make-up off and applying every kind of product to my face. That was until I started work, and I realised that actually, working the occasional long hours and loving the sun as much as I do, added to the fact I'm not getting any younger, meant that I probably should take more care in the skin department. Someone once said to me, 'you'd spend £50 on a dress you may wear once on a night out, but you won't invest that much in your face, which you wear every day for the rest of your life?' So true.

Now don't get me wrong, I still don't spend a lot on skincare. I am quite lucky with my skin in that I don't usually get bad breakouts, and my biggest problem is small dry patches rather than oils. However, when we went to Morocco we only had hand luggage, so I had to ditch all my usual go-to products. My skin went MAD. It was dry in places, oily in others, and I ended up getting 2 massive spots on my chin. NICE. Since being home, I have reverted to my usual every day products and I have noticed a huge difference already in my skin. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it definitely works for me…

First up I use the Garnier micellar water to take my make up off with cotton pads. It's easy to use, you don't have to pull at your skin to get every scrap of make-up off, and a bottle lasts around 6 weeks. It's also currently on offer at Superdrug for 1/3 off! I love this stuff, and I'm excited to try other micellar waters, in particular the much-coveted French pharmacy product, Bioderma.

I'm a bit of a floozy when it comes to toners. The one I currently use is from No.7, as I had a £5 off skincare voucher from Boots. However, I have used one from Simple and another from Garnier and I think they are both equally as good. I'm thinking of trying out a slightly more expensive one to see if it will produce even better results, so if you have any recommendations let me know!

I am currently using this beauty serum from No.7 which is just amazing – my skin feels so soft and smooth after application, and I like to layer it with a moisturiser for extra nourishment. As for moisturiser, I tend to go for a richer formula due to my dry skin, and an everyday cheap one I love is the Simple rich moisturiser.

So there you have it. Who knew I could get so excited over skincare? I blame Millie Mackintosh and her gorgeous-skinned Instagram selfies…

No comments:

Post a Comment