Monday 10 March 2014

Portobello Road, Portobello Road...

So for quite a while I've been promising James a date weekend in London. A whole weekend, just the two of us, where we explore different parts of the beautiful city and do things we wouldn't usually do. I love London, but it's so easy to get stuck in your little bubble. Home - work - home - out in the area you live in. You forget that a 15 minute tube ride can mean you end up in a completely different area of the city with a completely different vibe. It's one of the reasons I love our capital.

We had a little lie in on Saturday morning followed by a naughty full English brunch. We then got dressed and headed out to Notting Hill and Portobello Market. I spent the whole journey singing the song from Bedknobs and Broomsticks (James has never seen it - devastated) and as soon as we got there I wasn't disappointed.



The weather was unbelievably beautiful. There were all kinds of antiques, clothes and people to admire. The smell of the food stalls made my mouth water (especially the peri-peri chicken, chorizo ciabattas and falafel wraps) and if we weren't still full of brunch I would have feasted on all of it (MENTAL NOTE: Return for the food.) James bought himself a 100% wool tartan scarf from one of the little shops (what a trendy man I have) and I may have treated myself to a gorgeous black floppy hat which I proceeded to wear the whole afternoon...

After strolling up and down the road and admiring everything on offer, we found a local drinking hole to quench our thirst. A Carling top for James and a Modelo with lime for me.



James was in heaven - the place was the perfect mixture of classic pub with an edgy cool modern twist. Everyone was relaxed and just enjoying a casual Saturday afternoon. Perfect.





On our way back we lingered along the roads of Notting Hill, dreaming about one day living in one of the beautiful white houses with the tall pillars at the entrance and the big black doors. One day it will happen, I'm sure of it. I got James to snap a photo of my outfit.



I wore my trusty black Joni Jeans from Topshop, a beige oversized polkadot shirt from Topshop, my tan loafers from New Look which I absolutely love (but kill my feet,) this GORGEOUS bag from Primark (yes, Primark. For £9. Bargain or what?!) and finally my new floppy hat. I can see that appearing in a lot more future posts.

It was the perfect Saturday afternoon. Check back to see what we did Saturday evening and Sunday day - you're in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment