Saturday 1 March 2014

A sneak peak into our new home...

I can't actually believe I'm saying this, but I think I've found something I've enjoyed buying as much as clothes this month. Homeware. I know, am I feeling alright? Since moving into our new flat almost 2 months ago, we have made a lot of effort to decorate as much as possible so it feels like 'home.' For both Katie and I this is the place we will spend almost all of our time when we're not at work, so we wanted to make sure we were excited to get home to it every night!

So without further ado, here's a little tour of the place we like to call home!

First up is my bedroom. Now I am a massive girly girl. I love all things pretty and pink (hence being likened to Elle Woods.) However, I wanted my room to be feminine and cute but not so over the top that it resembles a 5 year old's princess room (although I was tempted.)



I chose some simple white floral bedding, and got 2 pink cushions from IKEA and a white soft heart-shaped cushion from Primark to 'dress it up' a bit more. I think cushions just add that little something. My little pink bedside lamp is from IKEA as well, and I am in love with my 'LOVE' letters from BHS. I'm a sucker for all things like that (I'd own everything on www.notonthehighstreet.com if I could.)

My dressing table was a steal from JYSK at £24.99 and now I've finally got somewhere to put my plastic make-up storage on. I finally have my 50 lipsticks to choose from in the morning again! I still want to get a photoframe collage to go above my bed (you can never have too many photos of loved ones) and I need to get a chair so I can sit down to do everything but then the room is DONE!



The open plan lounge/kitchen is my favourite part of the flat. The sofa and coffee table were already there when we moved in, but we've bought a random mixture of cushions to cover the sofa, and the rug was gifted to us by my parents as moving in present! The flowers are from James from Valentines Day - They look so beautiful I'm tempted to just buy some for myself every week!



The red theme runs all the way into the kitchen. I LOVE the cute Tea, Sugar and Coffee ceramic pots we picked up from Sainsburys and the gingham teatowels are adorable (and so on trend ;) )

So there's a little sneak peak. We've still got a few finishing touches to make like photos and canvases, but it's almost all complete and I'm so happy with how it's turned out. My first proper grown-up home...when did that happen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment