Wednesday 12 March 2014

Drinks on the 32nd floor...

I went to Law School in London Bridge. Which meant every morning when I got off the tube I'd be greeted by the enormously impressive building - the Shard. And every morning I'd look up and daydream about taking a trip up there and sampling the food and drink whilst looking out over London town. Unfortunately I was a student, and the little money I did have didn't really stretch that far. However now I've become a grown up with a proper pay check, I decided it was time to make that dream a reality. I knew James was going to absolutely love it. So on Saturday we took the 12 minute tube ride from Clapham and arrived at the Shard, ready to admire the wonderful views and drink the finest cocktails money could buy.

I wore a simple but classic outfit. My silk black cami is from River Island, my red skirt is from H&M (I had previously bought it for work and realised it was waaay too short) which has beautifully overlapped fabric which you can't see on the photo, and then my simple black heeled sandals are from New Look. I absolutely love wearing red - there's just something sexy but effortless about it. We asked the security guard on the ground where to go and he said Oblix on the 32nd floor. We got into a lift which only had one button (32) and whizzed up. When we arrived I left my coat with the people at the desk and we walked through a dimly lit corridor into what can only be described as a fantasy.

There was a live band playing everything, from JT to Amy Winehouse. It wasn't too busy but the atmosphere was buzzing. Everyone was dressed to impress, and the decor was elegant and sexy. James and I decided to order cocktails. I went for the Pink Cadillac, and James had the Plum Rum Mai Tai. Both were absolutely delicious (and extremely strong.) Whilst they were pretty pricey and definitely not your casual drink in the local pub on a Saturday night, it was so worth it.



You literally could see all of London whilst you sipped on your drink. James and I naughtily went to the window and looked down at the ground, and immediately started pointing out landmarks and things we knew.

I definitely didn't capture enough photos but I urge you to go. It was absolutely MAGICAL. I vow to go back for dinner next time for a really special occasion. James and I didn't really have words to describe how amazing it was. We had a couple more drinks (oops) and eventually headed home for some fast food and cuddles. Best Saturday date night EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment