Tuesday 17 February 2015

Telling the time: Anna Klein watch

I thought I had my watch game sorted. Last year I got my Daniel Wellington, and then at Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a black and gold Olivia Burton.

However, for Christmas my Dad received a silver Skagen watch, and it was right up my street. I love very simple, large-faced watches. Only problem was, my Dad’s watch was silver, and Skagen didn’t do a similar gold version (I only really wear gold jewellery, and I’m not a huge fan of mixing metals). As a result, I’ve been on the hunt for an affordable gold watch with a metal strap ever since, and when my Dad sent me the link to this one I knew I had to treat myself on pay day.
 

 

I’m personally not a huge fan of the Michael Kors/Marc Jacobs watches. I think they’re quite expensive for the quality of watch, and they are often a little in your face and brash for my liking. I’ve never heard of Anna Klein before, but it seems her watches are of a similar vein to MK/MJ, but slightly simpler, with less branding and a little less chunky. And here it is…




 
I was a bit sceptical about buying this watch, as I know you can’t really expect a lot from paying just over £25. However, it is honestly amazing quality. It’s pretty heavy (definitely doesn’t feel plasticky or cheap) and sturdy, and I love that the strap has really small links, rather than chunky, bigger ones. I also love that it still came in a nice box, and the delivery was so quick. Obviously I don’t know how long it’s going to last, but for a little over £25 I just don’t think you can go wrong. I’m obsessed with it!

One little thing – the watch comes up really big, so if you’ve got smaller wrists like me you will need to get a link taken out. I can’t wait to get to the jewellers, so that I can wear this little beauty every day!

You can view the Anna Klein watches here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment