Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Soap and Glory Haul

Due to the vast number of beauty blogs I read on a regular basis (post coming shortly sharing some of my favourites) I rarely go into Boots/Selfridges beauty hall to buy something that I don’t know in advance is going to be good/what I’m looking for.

I’ve been eyeing up a few Soap and Glory products lately, and when I saw that there was a 3 for 2 offer at Boots running at the moment which coincided with my pay day, I knew I had to make a little splurge. I never really looked at Soap and Glory make up before now, as I always just thought of them as a body products brand. So I thought I’d share the products with you, and give you my initial thoughts.

 
The Archery Brow pencil is a much-talked about product in the beauty blogging world. It seems every man and his dog has one and loves it. My L’oreal brow pencil had just run out, and I was in the market for something new, so picked this up. It only comes in two colours, but luckily I think the lighter one is my perfect shade match. It’s much harder than the L’oreal pencil in formula, but that makes it easier not to overdo it and end up like Charlie from Busted. I also love that it has a brush on the other end so that you can tame and fill your brows in more accurately. For £8, this really is a bargain product.



Confession time: I’m kind of obsessed with Kylie Jenner. So much so that a blogpost will be up soon with a recreation of her signature look. Anyone who follows KJ on IG knows that she loves over-lining her lips, and using a matte browney-pink nude lipstick. Word on the grapevine is that it’s a combination of a couple of MAC lipsticks. However I was researching, and thought the Super Nude lipstick from Soap and Glory looked very similar, and is obviously much cheaper. It’s a gorgeous colour, perfect for every day wear, and also perfect for the KJ lookalike…

 

Lastly I picked up the Trick or Treatment under-eye concealer. It’s designed for brightening the under-eye area and covering those pesky dark circles (of which mine are extremely bad). This does a good job, but I can’t say I love it as much as the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, as it’s slightly thicker and a little too yellowy for me. It would probably work well on top of an under-eye corrector which is slightly more peach-toned, but unfortunately I am lazy and don’t want to have to apply two under-eye products every morning!

So there you have it. Two hits and one (partial) miss. Have you tried any Soap and Glory make-up? I’ve got the ‘One Heck of a Blot’ face powder next on my shopping list…

No comments:

Post a Comment