Sunday 2 February 2014

Best of Boots

First of all, I have to own up to the fact that I haven't stuck to my NY resolution to blog. In fact, I've been an absolute fail. The truth of the matter is, moving into a new home and starting a 55 hour a week job has kind of taken it out of me (not mentioning the fact I didn't have internet for the first 2 weeks of January in the flat. I know, it was hell.) However, I have given myself a slap on the wrist and am back on the blogging scene, this time with a few of my favourite beauty products from good old Boots.



I am a firm believer that you don't have to spend a lot on make-up to get a flawless look. The problem is that amongst the gems there are also a lot of useless products. Therefore, it's all about doing your homework and buying something to suit your skin-type/colouring.

First up, I have got back into using the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in a MAJOR way. I have the shade 54 which is perfect for me. It provides great coverage, and has a kind of 'sheen-y' finish so your skin looks glowing without being shiny. I then use my Garnier roll-on eye concealer. I have to admit, I wasn't that fussed about this when I first got it, but I actually find it so brightening around the eye area, and it's really light so doesn't feel 'caked on.' Now I'm up early every day it's an absolute staple!

Now comes my Holy Grail item - the Sleek Face Contour Kit. Now I know this is kind of cheating because you can only get it from Superdrug, but oh god, I can't even describe my love for this product. Even writing about it gets me excited. The bronzer is the perfect contour/all over 'I've just been to Spain and I'm sun-kissed' shade. The powder is really fine and there is SO much product. I took this to Thailand with me, and Katie managed to have an accident and smash it all over the floor (it wasn't pretty.) I don't know how I survived without it - my face felt lost. Anyway...the highlighter and blusher are also beautiful, although the blusher has a lot of shimmer so you don't need both (unless you like the glitter-ball look - who am I to judge?)

Now I'm not a big blusher-wearer, but this MaxFactor cream blusher has converted me. I love cream products because I have dry skin, and I think they look more natural. This one literally transforms my face. I look more awake and my skin looks so much brighter. It also weirdly makes my eyes look more blue, which is never a bad thing!

For eyes I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze.' It's a beautiful colour, and once you leave it for 20 seconds it really does set and stay all day. I swatched it for my Mum in Boots yesterday and she even swooned and added it to her basket! As for mascara - there's only one. Maybelline The Falsies. Perfect voluminous long black lashes without wearing actual falsies. Need I say more.

Lastly, I'm loving the 'Notting Hill Nude' lipstick from Rimmel. Now it's Winter and I'm paler it's the perfect nude shade for me. The formula is quite moisturising, and it's a great 'handbag' shade i.e. you can throw it on and not worry you look like a clown.

So there you have it, a few of my top picks from Boots. There are SO many more products I could rave on about so keep your eyes peeled for more posts. In the meantime, what are your favourite Boots treats? I've got some points to spend...

No comments:

Post a Comment