Monday 24 February 2014

London Fashion Weekend

So again someone needs to slap my wrist at my lack of blogging. It's not a real excuse, but life has just seemed to fly by and I hardly find time to do my washing let alone sit down at my laptop and blog. Working in a city law firm definitely has its challenges! However, I've got a little treat this evening, as yesterday I headed over to Somerset House with my flatmate for an afternoon of London Fashion Weekend.

Now I've never had the privilege of going to LFW. I follow enough blogs to know that people wear sunglasses when it's raining and their coats over their shoulders without their arms in (seriously, why?) but going to London Fashion Weekend is the closest I can get to going, so when I saw tickets advertised I thought, why not?



I decided to keep my outfit pretty minimal but smart (I had 25 minutes to get ready as I spent too long eating brunch. Oops.) I wore my cobalt blue blazer coat from Primark, my trusty leather trousers from River Island, a grey slouchy dipped hem top from H&M, my Zara city bag and my black lace up chunky boots from Primark. I decided you can't go to anything fashion-related without wearing a heel.

First up, the discounted designer stalls. We did see some incredible shoes, bags and clothes at a massive discount, including these GORGEOUS glitter slipper shoes which I couldn't stop looking at. I'm quite a non-fussy dresser so accessories like that really attract me.



I also absolutely loved the stand of accessories at Her Curious Nature. Everything was so girly and feminine, and one day I WILL be brave enough to rock a turban.



Katie also tried on some pretty 'out there' Prada sunglasses from the Sunglass Hut...



We also managed to catch a talk with Grace Woodward (stylist on X Factor and judge on Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model) who spoke about breaking into the fashion industry. Whilst she spoke about the glamorous parts, she also importantly made everyone aware that not everyone can make it, and she herself has only just managed to get a mortgage and has no pension. Definitely food for thought (though I think we'd all still secretly love her job.)



Lastly was the 'Trend' catwalk show. We saw 'Precious Metals,' 'Flower Power,' 'Elegant Lace' and 'Good Sport.' Below are a few of my favourite looks I managed to capture. I loved seeing all the bright colours on the runway, as I've definitely had enough of Winter dressing. Bring on the bright florals!



All in all, it was a really fun afternoon. I would definitely recommend going if you want a little taste of what it must be to be a 'real' fashionista. Sigh, we can all dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment