Wednesday 28 January 2015

Skincare: Clarins Double Serum

For a girl who whimpered a little at spending more than £5 on anything skincare-related about a year and a half ago, my skincare collection has come on leaps and bounds (much to my bank balance's dismay). I only really properly got into make-up 3 years ago, and I started to realise in the last year that it doesn't matter how expensive or beautiful a make-up product is, if you're not applying it to the best 'base' then it's not going to look it's best. It's like using the best oil paints a man can find, and then painting onto toilet paper, ya know?

With that lovely thought in mind, for Christmas I received a special treat; the Clarins Double Serum.

 

Clarins state that this formula has been 19 years in the making in their laboratories, and it does the following:
1. Firms skin
2. Smoothens wrinkles
3. Makes pores less visible
4. Evens out complexion
5. Hydrates.



The formula is a little weird, as it's made up of oil and water. You need to give it a good shake before pumping, and you only need 1.5 pumps per application. It leaves a slight residue on the skin once massaged in, but it's not unpleasant, and it sinks in relatively quickly.
I've been using this almost every day since Christmas, and can honestly say I'm a bit smitten. It wasn't an instant love mind you. If I'm truly honest, after a week of not seeing any obvious results I was a little peeved at the price vs. value for money! However, now I really feel like my skin is softer, more even, and much tighter and plumper. I can't say I've noticed that it's made my pores less visible, but I'm sure I will need to be using it for more than a month to see those effects. What I can say is that make-up applies like a dream, and I definitely feel like I need to wear a lot less make-up in the morning to attain a flawless finish due to my complexion being a lot more even and a lot less red. And what's not to love about that?

If you fancy yourself a January splurge, and you appreciate that luxury oil paints and toilet paper don't go together (see above), I highly recommend the Clarins Double Serum.

No comments:

Post a Comment