Sunday 11 May 2014

Daniel Wellington

Ever since I started work I wanted a new watch. The problem was, I couldn't decide exactly which one I wanted. I wear a lot of black and navy at work, and usually I tend to go for yellow gold jewellery as I think it suits me best. As much as I looked, I couldn't find anything I fell in love with. I didn't really want a Michael Kors-esque watch, but couldn't find anything else which was affordable yet chic and stylish. I love the Olivia Burton watches, but the faces are a bit too big for my skinny wrists.



In comes the Daniel Wellington. I've seen these on a few blogs and I've 'ooh-ed' and 'aah-ed.' I love how classic they look, so that they will never go out of fashion. They're not fussy, or blingy, or in your face, but they just add that extra little something to an outfit. They also allow you to tell the time. (Can you tell I'm more pre-occupied with the look of a watch than I am with its function? Although it is useful).



I was very undecided about the black or brown strap, or the yellow gold or rose gold detailing, but I am actually in love with the one I've got (the brown with the rose gold.) The rose gold is quite subtle, and I think looks less harsh than the yellow. Plus, the brown means you can wear it with both black and navy clothes. Perfect!

Lastly, how cute is the box the watch comes in? It's taken pride of place on my dressing table top.



Here's the link to the watch if you fancy treating yourself next pay day. Are you a fan of Daniel Wellington? What watch do you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment