Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunday Sessions - New Year's Resolutions

Today I was having a conversation with my girls about New Year's Resolutions, and it got me thinking. 2014 is fast approaching (3 days to be exact) and with a new year comes the possibility of new beginnings. I'm not a firm believer that we feel any different when a new year comes, but I do believe it can offer that extra boost to help us start things we may not otherwise have pushed ourselves to do. Last year my Mum's NY resolution was to lose weight, and she's now 2 stone lighter (well done Mummy White.)

So, here are a few of mine. Obviously I am going to try and exercise and keep a diary, but those things go without saying.



1. I want to say 'yes' to more things. I have a tendency sometimes to want to avoid situations which I'm scared of or are out of my comfort zone. Saying 'yes' to those kinds of things often creates the memories you look back on in your old age!

2. I want to get all the photos from my camera printed. I am absolutely AWFUL at leaving my photos in digital form, but I love having photo albums to look through. I have done so many great things this year and I want to be able to look at them in hard copy. I'm even tempted to get one of these books, which will force me to capture moments and print them off!

3. I want to buy at least one bunch of fresh flowers a month for the flat. I absolutely LOVE fresh flowers - I think they make a house feel much more homey.

4. I want to make sure for the hour before I sleep I completely relax. I have major problems sleeping, and often find I'm lying awake tossing and turning, stressing about one thing or another! I want to get a hot drink, read a book and switch off from the world before bed. I may even invest in some of the This Works Pillow Spray.

5. I want to try and carry on blogging! Obviously working as a lawyer takes up rather a lot of time, but I want to try and carry on the blogging as a part-time hobby as I really do enjoy it.


What are your New Year's Resolutions? Anything out of the ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment