Friday 20 December 2013

THAILAND



So in November I went on a pretty big adventure to THAILAND with my best friend Katie. We went for a month and, typical us, we hadn't booked anything other than our first night's accommodation in Bangkok. She had been to SE Asia before, but I'd never been that far afield.

We went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Lanta, Koh Phi Phi and back to Bangkok. It was an absolutely incredible month and I already wish we were back there!

Here are a few things I learnt about Thailand when I was there...

1. There is NO health and safety. Definitely no seat belts. Only in Thailand would you be able to sit and play with baby tigers (although we did have to sign a disclaimer in case we died/got mauled.)



2. The beaches are just as beautiful as people say they are. Unfortunately it rained when we were on Maya Beach and I had an awful hangover/sea sickness that day. But the sand was like white sugar and I've never seen such turquoise seas.



3. You really do drink out of buckets, and all kinds of fruit. NOTE: they are lethal.



4. They really love their royal family. In every taxi, shop, restaurant and temple there would be pictures of them. Imagine if we did that for Will and K Mid? Plus, almost all the population are Buddhist. Hence the Buddhas EVERYWHERE. (Also, they say 'Oh my Buddha' instead of 'Oh my God.')



5. They don't use toilet paper. They use small shower hoses. I obviously don't have a picture for this, so I'll leave it to your imagination...


I could carry on but I'd be rabbiting on forever. I would encourage anyone to go to Thailand if you get the chance. It was an absolutely unforgettable experience, with amazing people, amazing food, and amazing scenery. I loved every second.

I plan to write a more detailed post soon about things I did in Thailand and advice/tips I'd give to anyone planning on going.

Only question left is, where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment