Monday 30 December 2013

Sunday Walks

Sundays are made for being lazy. Fact. So yesterday, after a massive lie-in and a pot of tea, James and I decided to head down to the local park in his home town and walk off the ridiculous amounts of cheese and chocolate we've eaten the last few days. We managed to avoid the wind and the rain, and I got to try out my new boots.





Sundays are all about being comfy. I bought this cream cable knit from Primark a couple of days ago. It looks exactly like the ones you can get in the likes of Topshop or Zara, but it was only £14. Bargain of the month! I teamed it with my trusty Topshop Joni Jeans which are my go-to super-flattering jeans. I obviously can't go anywhere without my Zara City bag (although I am on the look out for a slightly smaller black tote at the moment) and I added my tartan scarf for some colour and warmth.



Now for the boots. I had already bought some new black boots for Winter, but I also wanted some tan ones. Luckily James had been listening carefully, and he bought me these beauties for Christmas! They're the most comfy boots I own, and I think they look great with this outfit. Plus for Topshop I think they're a pretty reasonable price. I don't want to take them off!



I kept my face really minimal, because who wants to be caked in make-up on a Sunday? I used some Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, the Sleek Contour Kit for a bit of colour, a wash of Woodwinked over the eyelid and my favourite mascara of all time - Maybelline The Falsies.

I couldn't do an outfit post without featuring the boyfriend/photographer. He always scrubs up well. He's actually wearing the new puffer jacket I got him for Christmas (which I hated at first but I think looks really good on) and some black jeans and all black Nike trainers (which he tells me are EXTREMELY rare and thus justify the ridiculous price tag.)



We hadn't eaten all day, and naturally ended up at the pub for a quick drink and something to eat. We both went for a burger and fries (the diet WILL start in January) and it was delicious. We promptly headed back home for some chocolate and a film, snuggled up in bed. Perfect Sunday.



How did you spend your Sunday? Were you as lazy as us?

No comments:

Post a Comment