Tuesday 22 April 2014

Easter Weekend

This Easter was my first since starting work, and boy was I excited for some time off. I actually booked days off before and after so I've ended up having a whole week - HEAVEN. I was so excited for some family time, lie-ins and good food. And that is what I got...



The weekend kicked off with Indian takeaway from Joy (our local Indian in Charminster.) Their food is slightly more expensive than your average curry house, but I'd say it's worth every penny - it's kind of 'posh' Indian food if that makes sense. I have the garlic chilli chicken, and oh my days it's good. Highly recommended.



Friday we went bowling as a family. Others may find it slightly strange that a family with two fully grown-up children would go bowling, but if you could see us you'd realise how much we're all big kids (yes, even the parents.) I came second and last, but managed to get over 120 in both games. I don't think I'll be the next bowling champion, but I didn't completely disgrace myself. Plus, it was SO fun.

br>
Friday afternoon was spent sunbathing in the garden with a diet coke. My parents' garden is one of my favourite places on earth.



Friday evening was family steak night. Mum served up a gorgeous rump steak, crispy potato and leek bake and ratatouille. The woman can cook!

Saturday was spent shopping, as Saturday night I was out with the girls. It ended up being a pretty mad one (surprise surprise) but so much fun. Here is what I wore...



My standard chunky 'last all night' black heels, this gorgeous silk cami from River Island (the neck detailing is what drew me in and makes the top a little more interesting and sexy) and this gorgeous floral skirt from River Island. Super flattering, lovely colours, and I can't wait to style it in different ways!

So that's part one of my Easter weekend. Check back for more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment