Friday 18 April 2014

Purple Smoke...

It is fair to say that despite owning a huge storage container full of make-up, I am someone who can get stuck in a make-up rut very easily. This mostly happens because every morning without fail I hit the snooze button one too many times and I end up running around the flat like a mad woman, trying to make myself presentable and get into work on time. Therefore, I rarely mix up my make-up and tend to just stick to what I know works.



However, a while back I bought the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate, because I know purple brings out blue eyes. On Saturday afternoon I had some time to kill and I sat and played around with my make-up. I ended up liking the look so much that I snapped a few photos and thought I'd share it with you!



As my face base I used the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. This stuff ROCKS. It provides a gorgeous amount of coverage, makes your skin look like its glowing from within, and it's a crazy bargainous £6.99. What is not to love? I then used my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes to add some highlight and cover those dark circles, and then used a generous helping of the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer (you can never have too much bronzer. Well you can if you end up resembling an oompa loompa, but I think that's pretty hard to do with this bronzer.)

Onto the eyes. I used the Pomegranate Colour Tattoo as the base, and then added MAC's Antiqued eyeshadow on top. I have to say, I absolutely loved the finish. A purpley, reddy, smokey concoction that really made my blue eyes stand out. I then added a small amount of dark brown from my NAKED palette in the crease, and a little bit of highlighter in the inner corners of the eyes to ensure the eyes weren't too dark and looking too small.

After a good coating of the lashes with Maybelline the Falsies, and slicking on some of this pink MUA lipgloss, my face was complete. This has definitely encouraged me to experiment with my make-up more often and try and be a little bit more adventurous. Perhaps not for a client meeting, but definitely on the weekend!

What make-up looks have you been loving? I have to admit I've got a list of Spring-esque items to buy from Boots come pay-day…

No comments:

Post a Comment