Tuesday 15 April 2014

Haircare Saviours

One question I get asked a lot by my friends is, 'Ellie, how do you make your hair look like that?' Now I have to admit, I am quite lucky in the hair department (a certain someone told me it looks like a lion's mane) but I am also quite lazy with it. I have naturally curly (read: frizzy) hair and I find it a real pain in the backside to manage. Therefore, any products which help tame it and make it easier to style are a definite win!



Shampoo/conditioner: With shampoo and conditioner I'm a bit of a floozy; I tend to decide based on what's on offer. I love the Tresemme ones as an affordable option, and the L'oreal Riche as a slightly more expensive treat. I try to change whatever I'm using after finishing up a bottle as I find then my hair doesn't get used to it and the effects don't stop working.

Hairbrush: The Tangle Teezer - every long haired gal's best friend. Since using this I rarely have a battle with knotty hair, and I therefore feel like I'm doing less damage to it. Only £12, and absolutely worth every penny. If you're looking for a pricier option, my crazy flatmate bought a Mason Pearson hairbrush which is probably even more delightful.

Hair Oil: The L'oreal Extraordinary Oil is a cheaper alternative to the Moroccan Oil, and in my opinion does almost as good a job. It seals the ends of your hair, keeps it looking shiny, and recently I've been using it on the little dry bits of hair near my face which have been over-dyed to give them some extra nourishment. Plus a bottle of this stuff lasts for AGES.

Hair Spray: You can't go wrong with the Tresemme hairspray. It keeps hold without making your hair crispy (no-one wants a boy running his hands through your hair and comparing it to straw). Super affordable, and keeps my curls in all day (and even into the second day.)

Dry Shampoo: In my opinion, for the money Batiste is the dry shampoo winner. I especially love the blonde one, as when I'm in need of a visit to the hairdressers it not only soaks up any oils and gives my hair more volume, but it also covers my roots!

Styling – surf spray: This little Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray came in a set from my besties as a birthday gift. I wasn't a crazy fan of the shampoo and conditioner as they were a little too drying for my already-dry hair, but this spray is perfect when you can't be bothered to do anything with your hair and you just want those sexy 'I just walked out of the sea' beach waves (even if you do live in the middle of a big city.)

Styling - hair rollers: The Enrapture Heated Rollers are the styling tool of the Gods. I love that you can put them in, and then do your make up whilst you let them work their magic. Take them out and voila, you have big, bouncy Cheryl Cole-esque hair. What more could you want?

So there's a round up of my current favourite hair 'stuff.' What else do my locks need in their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment