Saturday 12 April 2014

STEAL HER STYLE: Mollie King

So the other day, I came across a post like this on Bloglovin', where someone took a celebrity picture and then re-created their outfit online (for much cheaper.) It got me thinking about my favourite celebrities and what they wear, and time and time again someone who I love for the way they dress is Mollie King. I am constantly ogling her outfits on the Daily Mail side bar of shame, and then trawling websites to find clothing items so I can copy her look. She's always very smartly dressed, rarely ever showing a lot of flesh, and everything is very clean cut and feminine. She recently brought out her second clothing line for Oasis, and I have to say I am incredibly impressed. My bank account, however, won't be, after the damage I'm going to do in there!

Look 1:



I love smart cigarette trousers. From starting work I realise how much more I prefer trousers rather than dresses and skirts, but I think it's hard to make trousers more interesting and feminine. In come the floral/patterned cigarette trousers. Nicely fitted, add some interest, and can be dressed up or down; definitely an investment piece in my opinion. These cute daisy print ones are from River Island.

You can't go wrong with a white blazer like this one from Zara. Again, you can wear it with jeans during the day, or you can wear it in the evening over a tight LBD with strappy heels. Another wardrobe staple. This little blue cami from H&M is cute, and I like the lace detailing to add a bit of interest. Alternatively, choose a top in a different fabric like silk for a luxe look. Finally I LOVE strappy sandal heels. They are so elegant, and these ones are from Zara for £29.99. I know, WHAT?? *All rush to Zara*

Look 2:



I am absolutely in love with anything floral at the moment, and I have also had my eye out for a cute shorts suit for the Summer. When I saw Mollie in this I knew I had to have it, and to my luck I found out it was part of her Oasis collection! It is so fresh, smart, and what's great is that the two separate pieces look great together but also paired with different things so you can get the wear out of it. This white shirt with little burnout polkadots from Dorothy Perkins is really cute, and again the outfit is finished off with nude heels, this time pointed courts. These are £24.99 in New Look, another absolute bargain! Perfect for drinks with the girls, a dinner date, or the office. I live in mine!

So there you have it, Mollie King's look all from the high street. Don't say I never treat you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment